Saturday 6 August 2016

Solar Auxilia and a blast from the past!

Hi all,


After posting up my to-do list yesterday, I cracked on with building some of my new Solar Auxilia. I managed to get the Dracosan put together as well the Legate Commander. The Dracosan is an astonishingly easy to put together forgeworld kit. The bulk of it is made up from 4 pieces before a few trimming details are added, like the weapon and exhausts.




I also prepped and cleaned half of the Veletaris volkite squad I purchased. These guys were a little tricky as each of the arms is specific to one of the models. I decided to separate these into their matching parts whilst on the sprue and paint them there before gluing them all together. It seemed much easier than trying to keep track otherwise. 


Finally, my parents visited at the end of this week just gone and they brought me a surprise gift from the attic!


A Leman Russ Vanquisher circa 1998! Cost me a grand sum of £18! I need to remove the sponsons to keep it in line with the Solar Auxilia Vanquisher load out, but I am hoping its slightly vintage design can be a boon with the Auxilia look. 

I'll be back tomorrow with more building progress likely :)

Peace out,

Rob

2 comments:

  1. That's just the standard old Leman Russ Battlecannon barrel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was just giving it a bit of context for young uns as it soo old

      Delete