Monday 1 February 2016

SN Battle Reports - No Retreat 2

Hi gang,


Just a quick post today. I am currently going through my finances to sort some money out, as I have every intention of attending the SN Battle reports - No Retreat 2 tournament in Gibraltar! I have a real drive to attend more tournaments this year. I am currently going to 4 though that includes to 750 point tournies essentially (more on them in a later post), but SN battle reports offers me the opportunity to try a slightly modified ITC format tournament. 

For those that don't know, the ITC format is very heavily used in the large tournament circuit in the USA and allows ranking from points used at compliant tournaments. Its also a much more no holds barred kind of format with 3 different sources/detachments allowed and all kinds of filth. Though it does have some good little comp adjustments and balances eternal war/maelstrom game types really well in its own missions. 

Also if you haven't already go check out SN Battle Reports as they are fantastic old school white dwarf style reports that are brilliant! Check them here.

This is something I've wanted to try for a while, so I will be putting up lists later this month, and this should provide a real drive to do some serious painting indeed!

Peace out,

Rob

7 comments:

  1. I would love to attend one of their tournaments, but last time I priced it, it was going to cost over £200 to go. Bit too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked the other night, £200 would have been a bargain to me. I think it's comparable to our upcoming trip to Warhammer World. That's £70 for the ticket and £60 for the hotel for two nights. Granted it's a lot of money either way but one's abroad! Still I wouldn't even be able to transport my army, given it's unorthodox storage system, so I don't know why I was even looking ;)

      Delete
    2. If it was a regular style tournament then I would agree, but the cost for visiting the rock is good, plus I will get to play Lawrence baker from TTT and the beard as well as mike from that channel are probably going too. I just don't want to pass it up, but yeah its not a small investment!!!

      Delete
  2. That would be awesome if you could go. What army are you planning on bringing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure yet.. I think I might be taking my death company now they are closing in on being done. I know they can win! I'm just not very good at using them properly :P

      Delete
  3. In practice, the ITC actually does a pretty good job of trimming out the truly horrendous stuff. The nerfs to Invisibility and 2+ re-rollable Saves actually bring the power level down a lot more than you might think, and discourage a lot of the builds that are boring and un-fun to play against. If it's anything like what I saw at TSHFT, I'm pretty sure you'll have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have a lot of love for the ITC format especially when people use it slightly modified to flavour their own event. I would love it if ITC became the gold standard over here like it is for a lot of the US

      Delete